A single-vehicle crash at 2:25 a.m. Wednesday claimed the life of a Boaz man, according to a statement from the Alabama State Troopers. READ MORE
Attalla police have warrants against two people in connection with a barbershop break-in that resulted in the theft of two guns, Chief Dennis Walker said. READ MORE
A Gadsden man has been charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend, as the result of an investigation that began Monday morning. READ MORE
An Attalla man was stabbed Tuesday night during an altercation at a residence on Comnock Avenue, according to a Gadsden police report. READ MORE
Southside opened the 2014 season and its first Class 6A game with a 42-21 loss to Oxford on Thursday night. READ MORE
Atlanta's rallies came so often and went so long that manager Fredi Gonzalez worried his starter would lose his touch while sitting on the bench. READ MORE
Alleged UFO sightings in 1989 drew international attention — not all of it positive — to the DeKalb County town of Fyffe. READ MORE
New Delusions will be the featured act at Third Thursday at the water wall between the Pitman Theatre and Senior Activity Center, according to a news release READ MORE
NEW YORK — Out-of-towners and locals alike have shown enormous interest in sites connected to the Sept. 11 attacks. More than 700,000 people from all READ MORE
Mid-August, 2014. Summer is practically over, school has begun. The high school bands are preparing for the first halftime; muddy cleats, sweat-soaked practice clothes await nightly washing. READ MORE
NNN - You Need to Know Now
VIDEO: Newspapers can influence your day in a number of ways. Check out how.
- Alabama man convicted of raping 77-year-old woman -1007 min ago
- Central Ala. VA leaders on administrative leave
- Challenger slams Bentley, who stresses record
- Hubbard, Strange trade jabs over gambling
- Alabama superintendent accepts contract raise
- TVA board votes to retire Memphis coal plant
- Alabama judge could avoid prosecution in Atlanta
- Former 'Bama player Ozell Powell shot, killed
- OUR VIEW: Statewide wind farm standards needed
- LETTER: Listen to the people
- LETTER: Dragon Boat Festival a success
- LETTER: No more race rhetoric
- GUEST COMMENTARY: Who built it?
- OUR VIEW: Holiday drunken driving crackdown already underway
CAROL LINK: Family tradition of farming thrives at Garrett Greenhouses
- OUR VIEW: The cost of raising kids
- PRUDENCE HILBURN: Apples great for snacking, cooking
- OUR VIEW: Exploring the options on mega sports complex
- Ashley, Patsy Nell
- Awbrey, Louise (Pope)
- Battle, Katie Belle
- Brown, Louise "Maw Maw"
- Caldwell, Mary A.
- Castleberry, Jerline
- Clement, Kenneth R.
- Colson, Dorothy (Clines)
- Elrod, James Edward
- Elrod, Linda S.
- Hathcock, Marie (Ford)
- Johns, Patricia "Rilla"
- Morgan, Bobby Jack
- Newton, Sarah Jane (Bradford)
- Pearsey, Michael Shane
- Stirling, Cameron Bart
- Ward, Tommie
- Watkins, Inez Evelyn
Local News RSS feed
Keep up with the most recent local stories in your RSS reader
Keep up on the latest news by following tweets from the Gadsden Times
Watch the latest videos on the Gadsden Times YouTube Channel
Find The Gadsden Times on Facebook
Gadsden Times iPhone app
Take news from GadsdenTimes.com with you on the go. Follow all the top stories and breaking news along with the latest in sports, business, entertainment and more.